Thursday, March 20, 2008

Only in LA - Echo Park edition

Driving down Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park I noticed an interesting store. The Echo Park Time Travel Mart.



And here I was thinking "Where am I going to pick up a refill on my Anti-Robot Fluid?"



I was driving right past a store that not only carries it, but also carries Barbarian Repellant...



...and an assortment of dead languages (in liquid form.)



I have slept more soundly knowing this store is right down the street in my neighborhood.

The only problem is that the Time-Freezy Hyper Slush machine appears to be out of order.

4 comments:

e said...

That is hilarious! Is water really 15 bucks though?

Dave said...

I'm guessing "Delaware" is really Lenape. That would come in real handy if I ever need to buy an island with beads and fire water.

Jane said...

Is this the front for one of Dave Eggers' 826 Valencia places?

bejaypea said...

Shhhhhh. It's much more interesting as a TIME TRAVEL MART!